Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Moosh Missing

Where has Moosh been? Not following her dreams but making a living. In my profile I stated I wanted to stop making a living and start living. Unemployment ended and reality set in. My mortgage has not been taken over by the government bailouts. The mortgage company was but not mine personally. The utility companies still want their due and the car guzzles gas as it were a camel in the middle of the Sahara. My job was eliminated because the economy tanked, but no one offered me a golden parachute.

So what does an unemployed middle aged women do if her job is gone, her unemployment about to run out and the twenty jobs she applied for in the last year all hired someone younger? Why go on vacation of course.

A camping vacation led to a new life and new jobs. Notice the plural. The restaurant slave driver, also known as brother, needed help during the busy tourist season. I became chief lackey. A position that suits me well as I can multiple task and have a lot of restaurant skills from my college years.

Tourist season is over and things slowed a bit. I wanted to use some of my other skills. The paper had a dozen jobs for preschool teachers. I applied at the best center in town and was hired. Yeah! someone who doesn't think I should not be put out to pasture.

So now I work! I have two pay checks. I can keep the wolf away from the door. As for following my dreams, well I found time to write this post. It's a matter of balance.

Happy Birthday to Aunt Barbara











t

5 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

I am glad to hear that you were able to find a job.. Now two jobs and both are demanding. My hat is off to you wanting to work with the little ones and we do need good people to work with the little ones... Michelle

moosh said...

I love working with the little ones. My group are the twos and threes. Very demanding but a pleasure.

Lindy said...

Congratulations on finding work, and something that is satisfying as well. You have given me renewed hope of finding employment. I was supposed to start a volunteer position this morning. When I showed up, I was told my contact person was on vacation and no one else knew what to do with me, so they sent me home. I think they must not need me very much.

Keetha Broyles said...

Good for you for turning a vacation into a successful ending to mid-life unemployment! I am proud beyond words of you!!!

moosh said...

Thank you all for your words of encourgment.