Sunday, February 21, 2010

Banana Nut Muffins

This winter I have fallen on the ice twice. This totally knocked my body out of whack causing pain in my shoulders and neck. The pain was so bad in my arms I could not lift them more than a few inches. A co- worker suggested that my diet was causing the arthritis pain. I asked what I should change and she told me to try a gluten free diet. I immediately resisted, after all man has consumed wheat for thousands of years. It was a staple in most diets.

Then I began to think about the wheat today compared to what my grandparent made their bread with. We strip out the nutrients and then add in fake ones. I also considered what was more important; to eat that hot dog bun or feel better. I decided I could do anything for a week or two to see if I felt better.

So on February 9th I stopped eating gluten. I am happy to report that I can now raise both arms over my head without pain. I don’t know if this is because of the diet change or other factors but I am going to experiment with this diet.

In the process I learned there were many flours that were gluten free. I love to bake and frequently eat muffins for breakfast. They are a quick out the door on the way to work morning treat. So the recipe below was my first attempt. They turned out great. The man of the house thought them a tad dry so maybe I will add more bananas in the future.

3 ripe bananas
1/3c. olive oil you could use any but I always cook with olive oil.
½ c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking soda
¼ tsp nutmeg
1c. Red Mill all purpose baking flour(gluten free variety)
½ c. Red Mill brown rice flour
1c. nuts
Whisk together oil and bananas till no lumps remain. Stir in sugar, egg and vanilla.
Combine flours, baking soda and nutmeg
Stir together dry and wet ingredients
Add nuts (optional_
I like small muffins so only fill about half full.
Bake 400 degrees ( It only took about 15 minutes to bake.)
Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone deleted several links from share-rapid and shared ...

From now, we will use www.tinyurlalternative.com as our main [url=http://www.tinyurlalternative.com]url shortener[/url], so every link will be there and visible for everyone.

You can choose from several great [url=http://kfc.ms]short url[/url] address like:

kfc.ms easysharelink.info jumpme.info megauploadlink.info megavideolink.info mygamelink.info myrapidsharelink.info mytorrentlink.info myurlshortener.com mywarezlink.info urlredirect.info urlshrinker.info weblinkshortener.com youtubelink.info and many others.

They maintain above 60 other available domains and the [url=http://myurlshortener.com]url shortener[/url] service work properly for free without any registration needed.

So we think it is good notion and propose you to use [url=http://urlredirect.info]url redirect[/url] service too!

Thank you.