Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ruby Tuesday








Pomegranates have a long history in civilization. Jewish culture think they may have been the forbidden fruit in The Garden of Eden. Greek mythology has a number of tales that reference pomegranates. They have also played a part in Mexican, Vietnamese and Turkish culture.

They are a super food and contain many antioxidants and vitamins including C, A, and E.


I think the bush is pretty and since there is a bee shortage I tickle the flowers to get fruit.

I'm off to tickle.

8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Very pretty flowers on that tree. I have never ate a pomegranate. I don't think I've ever seen any around here either. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

nature ramblings said...

Love the photos and info on pomegranates. I have never figured out how to eat the goofy things. The seeds don't have much to them and I don't like crunching them. My husband drinks lots of the juice because it is known to be great for prostate health and cancer. Thanks for sharing.

storyteller said...

Wonderful shots for Ruby Tuesday and interesting info too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

You tickle the flowers?

Hee!

You tickled my funnybone as well because I have THAT sort of imagination.

:)

MyMaracas said...

Pomegranates are exotic treats here, and I've never seen pictures of them growing. The flower is beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your informative post.

moosh said...

Yhank you all for visiting. I mostly turn them into juice but sprinkled on a salad is nice too. I really do tickle, wiht my fingers, the flowers to transfer the pollen.

♥peachkins♥ said...

Nice flower shots!


Happy RT to you!

Raven said...

Wonderful shots. I never knew that the pomegranate was the forbidden fruit. Cool. Thanks for the interesting information.